• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dx44hp channel mod

With the top cover off on the solder side of the board. With the knobs facing you. On the right side front. There are about 4 diodes. Just remove theses. And you are good

With the top cover off on the solder side of the board. With the knobs facing you. On the right side front. There are about 4 diodes. Just remove theses. And you are good
Amtrak… that's what I did, no dice man. I don't have a frequency counter anymore so I don't know what the frequency is doing. It still isn't working tho… I don't have a good shop near me, so a road trip is in the plan

Might have to form a solder bridge or remove one, i'm not sure and this is just a guess.
I'd have to look it up but if this model has a "band select knob" or a hi/low band switch it's quite possible you have done the mod correctly and just do not have the radio set to the frequency range you are looking for, you will need a freq. counter or get creative (other radio/sdr) to find out where the radio is at.

I thought this link is what you need, but I now see it says DX55V on the image regardless of what the link says.
http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/galaxy/dx55hp/dx55hp_freq_conv.htm

Last edited:
Wow I hope you get it solved. Another reason why i buy a radio from a shop that does good tech work. The radio gets converted, tuned, and shipped one time. Done.

now more than ;likely it needs to be tuned to get it right on. do you have any thing for test equipment to align the radio and see if you are on the right band.

Most of those radios I think either D, E, or F were the CB band. Hard to tell those days as there isn't much traffic LOL!! But if you have any type of freq counter you could see at least where you are or close to like said. Good luck and like the others have said, hope you find which bands are which.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.