• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DX66V

Wild Willy

Oct 26, 2008
by some chance, any one have a copy of the service manual for this rig?
really only need parts layout and TX alignment instructions..schematic would be great...have one on the bench that is off frequency by up one channel...ie, channel 21 actually works on 22....the info that i see on CBTricks shows a parts layout that shows an IC9.....the mother board that is in this version does not show IC9 in the same place....any info would help at this stage of the game....need to see if alignment due to bad component or if it is a PLL problem...
thanks to all
Wild Willy

Not to overlook the obvious - is the +10kc switch on?

Did you check the alignment points/VCO and offset oscillators?
Perhaps the problem is in the channel display - if the freq counter shows the right freq.

Galaxy Radios DX66V Service Manual
yep, 10kc off...i have that info but the pritorial parts layout they show does not match the version of mother board that is in this unit....dont want to tweek on the wrong thing....

Take a picture of the PLL area and post it.

dx66v_3600-14b_adj.gif

There are just two possible boards in that radio. But they both still use the same alignment procedure. They are the EPT360014B and the EPT360014C. Look on the board and find which one it is. That will mean that there is a slightly different schematic. Check the above graphic and see that it does match up. It should. It must.

Last edited:
Sure would have been nice to see the answer to this one as I have one doing the same exact same thing.

i did not read to the 1st but I had one do this a couple years ago and a trans was bad. tr 32 ot tr33. forget which but mine would RX on freq and TX 10 kc off and found a trans doing it.

i did not read to the 1st but I had one do this a couple years ago and a trans was bad. tr 32 ot tr33. forget which but mine would RX on freq and TX 10 kc off and found a trans doing it.

This one is off both TX & RX. I will check tr33 out to see if it helps.
Thanks for the heads up!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.