• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Earthquake in SoCal

Scary. I used to go to Moffat and San Diego quite a bit in the 1990s with the air force. I was on the bridge from Oakland to SF six weeks before it collapsed.

One particular trip, we were in our hotel just off I 101 and had a 5 point something earthquake at about 2 in the morning. I thought the people upstairs were partying too much upstairs. The aftershocks brought everyone out of their rooms. We were all standing around waiting for the building to fall down.

Earthquakes ain't nice.

Any damage? The news is making a huge deal out of it apparently, is it a big deal? I mean I wouldn't want to have to deal with those things, which is why I'm glad I'm in Michigan.

Hope all is well out there.

It can be frightening for sure.
I was stationed in Port Hueneme, CA with the SEABEES back in 1973 when I experienced my first one. I saw ground wave, with buildings, phone poles and trees swaying. The sound was intense as was the reaction of the people all around me.

Naw...no real damage to anything. Everything here is built for it so while it felt big, that size isn't really a threat to much.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.