• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

East Coast - 6 meters is opening up

Soup-man

Jun 27, 2016
Just heard KQ3C - Washington State

K2D - 13 colonies - special event station - Conn.

All from the same general beam heading - east.

The rejection from the reflector on my 5 element beam antenna should be so severe that I shouldn't have heard the Washington State station 2180 Mi away, and yet he was louder than the Conn station 261 miles away!

I would expect to hear a station 2180 miles away louder than a local station only 261 miles away. The local is too close for skywave. I always hear DX louder than stations 100 miles or so away. Also if a station is S-9+10 on the front of the beam you would need a F/B ratio of at least 40 dB just to reduce that signal to S-4 and THAT is an incredible amount of F/B. in short IMHO nothing out of the ordinary at all with what you have experienced.

I would expect to hear a station 2180 miles away louder than a local station .... The local is too close for skywave...

Yeah, I tried to work a station only 1 1/2 miles away that was activating the NPOTA Shiloh battlefield (MP08) yesterday.

images

I could hear people working him on both 15 and 20, but I never heard a peep from him.

Got in the car and drove less than a minute to go meet him in person.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.