• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

East Coast amp

russ

Jul 4, 2008
Hi,

I have a 2 pill (2879) East Coast Amp that I purchased some time ago...It was one of my very first amps and since then I am running a TS 399dx in the mobile..my question is if any one can tell me what the dead key that this amp likes. It does have a variable and a SSB relay switch..Since then East Coast is no longer produced and no other information on the Web. Thank you.

since its a 2 pill 2879 box you can hit it with a decent deadkey .try 4 watts in and see what you get for deadkey out the box .
you really need a high swing radio to drive that 2 pill .like a daul final export would drive it nicely.
use whatever deadkey into the box that gets you about 100-150 deadkey out and let it swing from there.
a single final radio like a cobra or uniden wont show as much power out as a dual final will.

id keep the 399 and dump/sell the east coast . folks that like the class c boxes liked his earlier stuff , twoards the end befor he went under he had quality and construction issues

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.