• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Economic Stimulus $$$$$$$$$$$$

JK_RUBICON

Mar 10, 2008
Is anyone here going to use their money from the "Tax Relief" program to buy a new radio or radio releated items?

I am thinking of buying an amp. (y)(y)

I was thinking of a new HT.

I'm afraid of the future though and will likely just pack it to help with the new fuel and grocery costs (bread is supposed to triple)...

I have no choice in the matter, I'm fatter than the wife so she smokes me on the way to the mailbox:D, most of it to property taxes, living responsibly has cost too ya know.

We are going to open a savings account with it, it case the feds want it back next year.
I heard a few other people mention doing the same thing. I tried to tell my friends and family about that and they seem to think they will not want it back but I beleive otherwise. Nothing is free!

I heard a few other people mention doing the same thing. I tried to tell my friends and family about that and they seem to think they will not want it back but I beleive otherwise. Nothing is free!

Why would they give it and then take it back, that doesn't stimulate the economy, that puts the american people right back in the same situation we are now... BROKE

Also remember by this time next year we will have a new pres. It will be too early for any of their changes to take affect but there will hopefully at least will be light at the end of the tunnel.

i bought the new radio last month. trying to figure out how to pay for it this month. i already did my part to stimulate the economy. when i get the check next month it will pay for a months worth of gasoline so i can get to work to make enough money to afford to eat that month. in june, i'm screwed again til next tax season. my wife & kids can fend for themselves.

Hamvention funds if it arrives early enough...

My XYL said go for it!!! I doubt that I will tho. Too worried 'bout the economy and will probably put it in savings also. I think we're just seeing the tip of the iceberg here folks! I hope to God I'm wrong. I've just got this "gut feeling" and believe me,my guts gotten bigger this past winter!LOL!!!
I'll still go to the HamVention and "browse",I mean slobber all over the
equipment for sale and on display!

73.Slim:)

Economic stimulation

I think you are right Slim!! I dont think we have seen anything yet!! Try and heat your house next winter or keep it cool depending on where you live!! And when we do have a new Pres. and if there is a light at the end of the tunnel, better make sure its not on a freight train headed right at ya!!

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio