• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Electronic Engineering Co Amp Information needed Model LR-1

Jimbo165

Jun 1, 2012
Southeastern Michigan
I picked up a amplifier at a hamfest and need any type of information about it you can tell me please . It has Electronic Engineering Co , Model LR-1 , serial number- Hediblaf on side of amp has 6 tubes in it 4- 6gk6, 1-504 BG, 1 tube with numbers wiped off. Any help will be appreciated Thanks Jimbo 165

Blackcat seeker coil 063.JPG
Blackcat seeker coil 069.JPG
Blackcat seeker coil 064.JPG
Here is a couple of pictures amp right now only has a 100w output . Thanks Jimbo

Boy Jimbo: That is one antique little amp...if what I am seeing is close,with this old memory.
I take a stab in the dark here and say 4) 6GK6's...a single 6AQ5 (maybe) for keying...
Then the 504 is really a 5U4GB rectifier tube (old Diodes)...
D & A made something similar using a pair of GK6's but this would even be before that...
Maybe early 60's...certainly early homebrew...
100 watts(maybe) with about 2-3 watts drive...from the days of crystal controlled early radios...when 5 watts was max output with modulation!
Those HV caps(450v) are really old...got to be dead, if not that would be a surprise.
Certainly a relic of days gone by...
Just a guess maybe someone else remembers better than I.
All the Best
Gary

BJ radionut you are right that's what tubes are in it . It works good right now even with those old caps does the 100w and has a nice loud modulation increase when using it not sure if I want to put much into amp but may replace caps if I can get some at a reasonable price that value is expensive. Still have not found out brand it is but found another with D/L on cover. Thanks Jimbo

View attachment 14289 View attachment 14287 View attachment 14288 Here is a couple of pictures amp right now only has a 100w output . Thanks Jimbo

Hello, I've been searching for photos of the bottom side of a lr-1 amp like the ones in an old post you had. I was wondering by chance if you had a picture of the whole bottom side. I have one of these odd amps with the 4-6gk6 power tubes but some resistors and jumper wires are missing and there's no info on these amps anywhere. Just thought I'd give you a try, Thank You Russ Fleenor Noblesville, Indiana russfleenor@yahoo.com

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.