• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Every day Spanish skip.

I am not into skip talking to much but decided to see where all this Spanish talk on my radio is coming from every day here in N.Y. but this would be hard for I speak very little Spanish practically none. So I fired up everything and started trying to make contacts on am on very crowded stations. I made contacts immediately and we did the best we could with the language barrier and I spoke to Spain, Puerto Rico mostly and when it shifts it comes from Mexico and South America I haven't heard any USA stations in I don't know how long. Channel 9 seemed to have the biggest radio's talking.

Last edited:

I pick up California and then if skip fades there then the skip shifts south into Mexico as it goes into the evening. On special occasions skip comes in from the New England states and Chicago. This morning I heard an operator from Wilmington,NC. Which is 173 miles away. I know a few Spanish words but I use my translator at times when I want to get someone's attention and have a little fun.

I don't do Mexican skip but do do skip mostly on lsb where the English speaking folks like me hang out, to me much better then the noise on AM, if it gets to bad I just shut the radio off until the next time. Today it was real good for me, lots of good talking people today up as far as Nome Alaska to Spokane Washington to Idaho for a good 45 minutes for each, nice and quiet where I was with no interruptions.

73's

Hey what kind or type of translator are you using?
DOCTOR

One of these iPhone apps but it's locked up. Apparently they didn't get the news that IPhone was updating to IOS 7. Update : I had to go to Apps and click on it and it updated. It helps to know some root words.

Last edited:
A Tecnicoloco le gustan los burritos de frijoles con chile jalapeño <gotproof>

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii' ;)

oh & spanish skip on 11m????? it's late summer/early fall. you must be new to cb ;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.