• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

export radio poll

hotrod

Feb 16, 2007
n.w pennsylvania
optima mk3
cre8900
lincoln 2
base only setup. anyone happen to own all 3 please comment.
insted of going thru pages of reviews lets just poll what i believe
are the best 3 exports.lets see where this goes

Reactions: 1 person

Optima mk3, alinco sr8t or a magnum 257hp. Those are my 3, and oh yes the uniden 980 isn't that bad for the money, I just got one and and the wireless mic, drilled the mic hole to about 1/4" and everyone swears I'm on a power mic. Idk maybe I am lucky but my radio is pretty well on frequency and tx and rx are good. Good radio for just over 120 dollars. JMO. But the top 3 I listed Would be my choice, I have 2 magnum 257hp's one for the house and now one for the base. Just make sure to add a fan to the rfx unit if you get one as they get hot

optima mk3, magnum 257, hr2510(but these are old and will require some work to get them to where they were 20 years ago)

the stryker, cre8900, anytone 5555, maxlog, lincoln2, will all get you on the air and they are very stable and on freq on ssb,,, but they all have a noisy receive and some other issues and just not up to the quality of the radios I listed

and for the price of some of these you are close to the cost of alinco and icom base hf radio's or used kenwood ts50 or alinco dx70

I have an inkling that of those 3, the optima is going to come out on top of this poll
Speaking of older radios, mention the Clear Com Ranger AR3500 and it would kick all their arses.... easy mod for 26-30MHz, more rf power and through the roof audio are just 3 of its many strong points. The radio was ahead of its time and still outperforms many of the late model garbage touted as being high performance.

Reactions: 2 people
Speaking of older radios, mention the Clear Com Ranger AR3500 and it would kick all their arses.... easy mod for 26-30MHz, more rf power and through the roof audio are just 3 of its many strong points. The radio was ahead of its time and still outperforms many of the late model garbage touted as being high performance.

got 1. actually is my favorite from my collection. its missing a button on bottom row
enter i think. also i think it needs a protection diodide

optima mk3, magnum 257, hr2510(but these are old and will require some work to get them to where they were 20 years ago)

and for the price of some of these you are close to the cost of alinco and icom base hf radio's or used kenwood ts50 or alinco dx70
I had all three at once. My likes goes like this 2510, Optima, 257.
Have to agree about the HF rigs as well.

Never owned any of the three radios but I have a Galaxy DX-979 and for a 40 channel CB radio with SSB I love this thing. It was properly tuned and aligned and is rock steady. Very happy with the radio. The DX-99V2 also looks nice with extra channels and echo. I like the big meter and old school looks compare to everything on the display.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.