• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Extra Exam

AE5RD

Reformed CB'er
May 4, 2005
Well tomorrow is the Extra Exam. I've been studying hard. I hope next time i post I will be waiting to see my upgrade on the FCC website! The learning never stops tho! I've come a long way since my CB days.

Extra

It's funny. My Elmer stayed tech for years and then we got General the same day and now i'll be passing him. If I pass. In license class only. He is a true 1% Ham Operator. Maybe youve heard his call K5UOT from Clovis NM? He has one of those broadcast voices and he can talk for hours about nothing. Ah the gift of Gab. I have trouble while on the air and can't think of anything to say. Hows the weather, how is my signal etc. I actually plan on not stopping and I'm going to try to get my Commericial General Radiotelephone License. I checked it out on the FCC's website. The Amatuer service doesnt give credit for the commercial service. The question pool is available for download and looks as hard as the extra exam. Sooner or later I will have to learn Morse Code proficiently. It might be fun.

Good luck, I hope you make it. I talked a friend into taking the extra exam on the 17th of April. We both passed. It took one week for the FCC to post our new call signs on their site. You will have fun, don't get tense, it is not that bad if you have studied.

A 1%er?

resized_1_er_patch.JPG

1%er

That's exactly what I meant. He is an old biker too. And so I am I. Just not outlaw biker. Now maybe we can get a 1% patch for our ham cap!

Clovis, NM?

Very nice airport there, great way to get the hell out of that place.

Extra

Well I just got back from the test session. I passed my Extra Exam. Missed 4 questions. I used Ham testonline. Can't wait to see my new callsign.

Congratulations! Now you can operate ham radio in space without a waiver.
- 'Doc

(still waiting for my invitation to ride the shuttle)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.