• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Faceplates for in dash CB mounting . . .

Do you mean a plate that goes around the CB to cover up the excess of the hole you've cut into your dash?

If so, I can fab one up for you, I have a CO2 laser that will engrave/cut plastic, I can get a picture after school lets out (around 3:30 pm Central time) and you can see what I'm talking about.

Thanks - I'll keep you posted.

I'm looking into other mounting options as well.

Its a 3/4 ton chevy avalanche - you'd think there'd be room to mount it but not really . . . .

Not very good pictures, but you can get the idea. My spot that I mounted it in is slanted and was hard to get a good pic of, and the first picture is a mock-up one I did, the finished product is a nicer shot. (I had my mockup in the truck, so I just popped it on there and took a pic).

fordcbcover3md.jpg

fordcoverscan3nn.jpg

The second pic is a scan that I did of my newer one, it's REALLY dirty but finished products come out a vibrant white, and my CO2 laser can handle up to 1200dpi so don't worry about your lasered stuff (if you want something lasered on it) being pixelated or blurry.

Still waiting on the radio . . .

Also took some measurements, and I'm not sure I have enough clearance behind the plastic bezel to fit the radio - its a Galaxy 959 and is pretty long.

May need to look at other options . . .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.