• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FCC Invokes “Red Light Rule” in Denying K1MAN License Renewal Application

ARRL

Nov 15, 2008
The curious Amateur Radio enforcement case of Glenn Baxter, now ex-K1MAN, of Belgrade Lakes, Maine, appears to winding down and may be at an end. The FCC dismissed Baxter’s long-standing license renewal application on June 23, invoking its “Red Light Rule,” which gives the Commission authority to turn down a pending application if the applicant has an unpaid fine on the books. Baxter was liable...

More...

Date: Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 8:29 AM
Subject: Re: Glenn Baxter, ex-K1MAN????
To: "w1rc@near-fest.com" <w1rc@near-fest.com>

He has no license therefore he may not operate.

So he can't even operate on 11 meters with an FCC approved radio that is stock? Just curious.

I don't think he'd be in trouble operating a bare stock, unmodified and certified CB radio. This FCC action only involves amateur radio, which requires a license, which he no longer has.

CB has no license requirement.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think he'd be in trouble operating a bare stock, unmodified and certified CB radio. This FCC action only involves amateur radio, which requires a license, which he no longer has.

CB has no license requirement.

actually, now that he doesn't have a license, the FCC can no longer issue him a fine as they can with licensed people.

they can only issue a citation and a court will have to determine any guilt/penalty.

I'm a little confused... did the FCC allow him to operate (even though his license was expired) to give him time to pay his fines? I'm thinking 9 years was more than enough time.

Brett

I'm a little confused... did the FCC allow him to operate (even though his license was expired) to give him time to pay his fines? I'm thinking 9 years was more than enough time.

Brett

the time allowed and the amount of the fine was a non issue,........ he never intended to pay anything

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.