• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FINALLY DSL

I had dial up for 9 years , went DSL a year ago , I think it's a step up and slightly faster , as long as the prices don't go up to much ? I should be good to go. IM really starting to think that dial up may just be a thing of the past if DSL prices will remain the same.

if you have it in your area
cable is as far above dsl
as dsl is over dial up

i have been using cable since 96
would never go to dsl forget about dial up

now i found a way to double my cable (i think)

KingCobra_CDX882 said:
as dsl is over dial up

.......I've had all three and couldn't agree more....cable all the way.

I also have had cable but, I copped an attitude with the local cable company. They thought they were a monopoly and there attitude and service sucked. I went with DSL after having dial up because of cost. It is 11X faster than Dial up and for more money I can upgrade to 44X faster than Dial up. I got home phone, DSL and Direct TV for less than the cable internet and cable TV from the local cable company. I couldn't agree more with your statement though, cable is the best.

dsl

KingCobra_CDX882 said:
as dsl is over dial up

Cable is not available here.
I had to choose between dial-up(14.95), DSL (24.95), or Satellite(100.00 plus)

Loving it

Had the cable for a year, and then my whole complex caught on and it went to S#@%. The management will not let Comcast upgrade the wires for some stupid reason.

So i've been using Verizon DSL for over a year, it's not as good as cable but much better than dial-up.

AudioShockwav said:
Cable Rocks.

Jeff
Yes but you are forced into paying for TV weather you want it or not. TV SUCKS in my opinion. I've maybe turned mine on 6 or 7 times in the last 10 years. Ain't nothin on worth watching for free much less paying some cable company $30-$40 a month for.

Here in my town in northern Illinois we can choose from Cable,sat,wireless canopy ect.
We mostly choose Motorole canopy it's fast cheap and just as good as cable if not faster and alot less money. 73's

To me, it was all about the pricing. For my area:

DSL 768Kbps/128 - 14.95 /mo promotional for a year and then 21.95 thereafter. $20 "connect" fee. Free Equip.

DSL 3Mbps/512Kbps - $29.94 /mo promotional for a year and then you're at the mercy of the bit gods. $30 "connect" fee. Free Equip.

B2Xonline.com using the MotoRoger Canopy type system: 1.54 Mbps up/dn. $42.95 /mo + $89 "connect" fee. (This is what I had before I moved back into the city and it rocked)

Adelphia (now CommunistCast) normal: $44.95 Mo + install fee + lease 'cable MODEM' fee.

Adelphia 'high speed' 5Mbps: $54.95/mo + install fee + lease 'cable MODEM' fee.

DirecWay - no matter which way you get it (whether you pay 'up front' for the equip or finance it over the 1st year in higher monthly fees) it ends up costing you ~$1200 the first year and ~$600 the following years. (or $49+/mo after the first year.) Speed is a little over 400 Kbps if you're lucky and 56Kbps up MAX.

Blue Thunder - similar in pricing and 'quality' to Direcway, above.

Dial up - $10.95 and up monthly for speed that matches that of a herd of turtles.

In the end, I chose the 'slower' of the 2 DSL packages available. And it's not terribly expensive, although I think no matter who you choose you're getting ripped off.

Later!

'Fuzz

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.