• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Finally Europe !

357magnum

Feb 25, 2014
Coventry RI
After many weeks here in RI I finally hit North Ireland again @ 1530hrs:, I had to go to 3800 to pull him out of that mess on but made contact with John 306 from North Ireland I believe this is a friend of hobie102 after baling 500 bales of hay today an chasing busted bales it made my day ! Anyone else been having luck on 11 meters with Europe ? Here its been all US .:D

Talked to Australia few days ago from central Florida in the mobile while driving home. Conditions were brief, but contact was made and we talked for a minute. Good stuff. Been all east coast during the day and then switches over to out west as the night is going on. Lots of us east coast dx right now!!

I've only talked to Ireland one time but used to talk to the UK all the time until about a month or so ago. Haven't heard the UK since dx has shifted directions. There was a station 275 out of the UK I was able to make contact with all the time. The west coast states and the UK was pretty much a givin here every time dx was rolling but here for the past month or so I've been getting bombed with Ohio New York New Jersey RI and even North Carolina my neighbor state. Fla has been coming in strong which I never used to get dx out of. Nothing against the east coast but I wish the west coast dx and UK dx would come back. There were west coast stations that I actually got to talk to on a regular basis.

Reactions: 1 person
After many weeks here in RI I finally hit North Ireland again @ 1530hrs:, I had to go to 3800 to pull him out of that mess on but made contact with John 306 from North Ireland I believe this is a friend of hobie102 after baling 500 bales of hay today an chasing busted bales it made my day ! Anyone else been having luck on 11 meters with Europe ? Here its been all US .:D

if you want to talk to europe ... try getting on in the morning time .
27.555 always has traffic from 0500 to 0930 est . hope this helps you .

Holy crapsky! Nice job 357. The radio has been off here for the past couple of months here in the ditch 'cause there's nothing. If I head out towards NY State away from the Green Mountains I can here and get all the short skip. I'm turning it back on now and thanks for the heads up. Too much to do outside to be sitting at the radio so just as well. Would be nice to come in and collapse:drool: at the end of the day and play in dx land though.

Certainly on 10m conditions are quite poor this year with the exception of the odd spot of sporadic E. Come autumn (fall), 10m starts to come alive and peaks around the end of October. I expect 11m is similar.

I heard the USA on 10m last night around 22:00 UTC but they weren't the strength they usually are later in the year.

Some of you guys really interested in DX should get your ham tickets. You're missing out on so much and even if you just get tech you can run on 10m SSB and probably using your existing gear. Because there's so much more space there's less of the problems you get on the narrow space on 11m.

Reactions: 3 people
Thanks Medic , I have been checking that frequency daily but not at the time you suggested I'll try getting on a little earlier !!I have not had much action on those frequencies or below either .:)

Be patient, the contacts will come. I have made so many I can't keep up with the log book lol. And yes conditions have been weird in FL as well. I could hear ground wave skip in state, guys that I have talked to on the west coast of FL while working over there. That and the panhandle and Jacksonville from Daytona beach area. It's like others have said, it's been the eastern part of the state, from GA to NY and west out to Michigan. Then it switches to going west, Texas, LA, AZ, Washington state and of course CALI. It's been kind of sporadic, like right now I hear a few people, but no contact currently. If I go down to near the beach, then I could probably shoot some dx but there doesn't seen to enough here right now to warrant going. When the conditions pick up I usually go to the intercostal waterway that runs from Miami to New York. Great salt water ground plane! But anyway hope to speak with some of you and I know I have spoken to quite a few of you guys. Just can't remember when as work has me consumed as this time. My dx time is being limited to when I am moving from cell site to cell site, trouble shooting for sprint. But hey at least I get some dx'ing in!! Anyway good contact, 357 magnum!! Think I have spoke with the same 306 John in Ireland as well when the conditions were good back a few months ago. Been a while since I have made many UK contacts, every so often a big station will come through from UK, 275 being one of them. He is in my log book. But anyway, glad to hear that you finally got Ireland. My fav is Australia!! That's a trip from FL. That and the Middle East, haven't ever made a Middle East contact. But may be for the best on that one lol. Have a good one and god bless. 222 Mobile around FL. We are on 38lsb listening.

Reactions: 2 people
222DBFL I heard you the other day an couldn't get you but yet I got Puerto Rico I have talked to Europe a lot up until a few months ago they where easier for me to make contact with than the States , go figure ! It got to a point where I wanted to make contacts in the US . I think the farthest contact I have made is the Faulkland Islands .<More audio>

Just wondering if we could have just ONE SINGLE THREAD where someone doesn't chime in about getting a ham ticket? Good grief man! Not everyone wants the fed's crawling up every orifice like most of you enjoy so much. Give it a rest man!:bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh:

I THINK IT'S DEAD NOW!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.