• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Fine Tune CB shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really???? Wow sad life
What's truly sad is people's perception of reality when it isn't quite accurate.
I actually have gotten a lot of enjoyment out of seeing reality for what it really is instead of seeing it Through The Eyes of someone who's gone through life with blinders on or someone who has lived in the same town their whole life and has only experienced the airwaves in their particular town. I got to do a lot of sightseeing and see every state in the country including Alaska and Hawaii. I've gotten to experience things that seem to defy most people's logic. Those are the things that I find the most rewarding when I witnessed what most people consider to be impossible that's pretty damn cool if you ask me.

I, for one only do it for hobby and to see what's possible. I don't know to many people living in their mothers basement either. I give it to hard drive for showing his work and putting his video out there. I guess for me it's the arrogance that distracts from technical points that's there. I wish I could afford a spec an. Then again it's all a hobby and experimenting is all I do. I'm sure his radio work is fine tuned.
If you ever chose to work on this type of equipment for a living and you happen to have an oscilloscope and know how to use it that would automatically put you in the top 10% of radio technicians from coast to coast since virtually none of them have a clue what an oscilloscope is used for.

If you ever chose to work on this type of equipment for a living and you happen to have an oscilloscope and know how to use it that would automatically put you in the top 10% of radio technicians from coast to coast since virtually none of them have a clue what an oscilloscope is used for.
My day job is testing and repairing electronics for the government and to think an oscope is like a DMM at work. One of the first equipment I had to calibrate when I was in the Navy going to Calibration "C" school was a Tektronix 2246. What a pain in the butt. Luckily once I got out to my command, my time was more important repairing radars and comm gear then calibrating an oscope. We sent most of our crap to a Cal lab up in Seal Beach Ca. I dislike digital scopes except when testing for MDS on a radar. In aquisition mode, it's the best for seeing signals in the weeds. Don't think I'm in the top 10% or anywhere near there and there so much more to learn but there's a few people out there I do look up to in technical terms.

Last edited:
What's truly sad is people's perception of reality when it isn't quite accurate.
I actually have gotten a lot of enjoyment out of seeing reality for what it really is instead of seeing it Through The Eyes of someone who's gone through life with blinders on or someone who has lived in the same town their whole life and has only experienced the airwaves in their particular town. I got to do a lot of sightseeing and see every state in the country including Alaska and Hawaii. I've gotten to experience things that seem to defy most people's logic. Those are the things that I find the most rewarding when I witnessed what most people consider to be impossible that's pretty damn cool if you ask me.
The sad is not you driving the truck, this at one time was something I was considering but doing it just so you could check out CB repair shops is.

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
Pork chop would you buy a car without kicking the tires or asking questions? What did your buddy Mark think? That I was just going to send him Money and not ask any questions. Sounds like a rather ignorant way of doing business in my opinion.

being new to the fourm, I will tell you I met Mr fine tune about a year or so ago at my Cb shop in Hubbard Ohio, he Claimed he was looking for a spot, I told him good luck. we spoke for about 45 min and I guess he liked my shop, he asked me all kinds of questions to see if I agree with his way of doing things, I do. hacking the radio up isn't the way to set it up. I have been in business for a long time had herd of him, he game me the same truck driver story but he was here in a rv. After talking with him I believe he knows what he is doing.

he needs people skills. best way to lose customers. is bad attitude.

he needs people skills. best way to lose customers. is bad attitude.
I think it's intentional.
the guys without preconceived notions or opinions are the ones that get treated the best.
the guys that try to talk to him about their personal opinions or someone else's opinion are the ones that get treated the worst.

the guys without preconceived notions or opinions are the ones that get treated the best.
the guys that try to talk to him about their personal opinions or someone else's opinion are the ones that get treated the worst.
So your saying one needs to be completely ignorant so Mark will treat you right so in actuality, he'll be able to easily blind people with his B.S.

No wonder he goes place to place, he stays ahead of the burning torches and pitchforks that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.