• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

first radio

injunear

Apr 2, 2014
Do you remember your first radio, back in the late 70's mine was a radio shack mini 23 with a 104" on a pinto

It was a wal mart brand road master combo for $49.00
It came with a cb radio and one of those cheap mag mount antennas. Kept it for a very short time then bought a midland compact size radio with a k40.

Realistic Trc 9 ( 3 channel ) with a power supply an 1/4 wave ground plane 1972 I'd sit outside in a shed in the winter with no heat my parents thought I was crazy . I believe my number was KMA-5280

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
A little Midland from WalMart including the stick-on center loaded antenna. It would talk a little, but what I remember most is it would let you know when you were near a powerline. Graduated to Cobra 25's '94-ish.

General Radiotelephone 6 channel CB and a 1/4 wave gp. Then I came into the 70's with a Lafayette Comstat 25B, AS Super Mag for base and the same tube radio mobile with a 102" white fiberglass whip.

Realistic TRC 30 (not a 30A!) and the quarter-wave ground plane base antenna.

Took me all summer working 2 paper routes to save up the money for it.

Signed on as KYR-4486 on Sept. 13 1975. Been OTA ever since.

A Radio Shack 23 chanel with a Radio Shack mag mount, Power Mic was a Turnner with that dam 7 Volt battery. Bought it out of the news paper in 1980-81 ? from a guy That I would talk to up to last year. R.I.P. King Pin from southern New Jersey. Might be the best 35.00 dollars I ever spent. And the Greatest person I ever talked to on the radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.