• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Florida Ham Issued $25,000 Fine for Operating an Unlicensed Radio Transmitter and Int

ARRL

Nov 15, 2008
On March 1, the FCC issued a Notice of Apparent Liability for Forfeiture (NAL) in the amount of $25,000 to Terry L. VanVolkenburg, KC5RF, of Cocoa, Florida. The FCC alleged that VanVolkenburg “apparently willfully and repeatedly violated Sections 301 and 333 of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended…, by operating a radio transmitter without a license on…465.300 MHz and for interfering with...

More...

Reactions: 1 person

man, jamming the county jail's comms, those hammies are some bad people. better stick to 11 meter freeband so i dont fall in with the wrong crowd

Reactions: 2 people
G(y)(y)D FOR THE IDIOT!!! He knew what he was doing and as alot of other braindead morons of this nature he thinks or thought "They will never catch me and if they did they wouldnt do anything anyways" But as proven once again WRONG!!!! They wll find you and they will take the appropriate actions in solving the issue and putting an end to your nonsense, bank account and in some cases FREEDOM!!! Now onto the next idiot. LMA:LOL:!!!!

i think it would make the hobby much more appealing, if amateur radios operators, holding a general class or higher license coordinated on 160 meter AM to meet up and ride harleys with screwdriver antennas flying ARRL flags with crossbones and skulls on them to direction find the looser and go stomp his ass. and if he does it again, lynch him with his own coax

i think it would make the hobby much more appealing, if amateur radios operators, holding a general class or higher license coordinated on 160 meter AM to meet up and ride harleys with screwdriver antennas flying ARRL flags with crossbones and skulls on them to direction find the looser and go stomp his ass. and if he does it again, lynch him with his own coax

A harley with a screwdriver. I have got to see that. I suppose I could just hose clamp one to the sissy bar on my Softail.

arrh mates

I have a rebel n pirate flag n it was a frs radio n they were in mid of band it was a script for video game wanted realistic com sounds arrh peace

guys,the budget cuts are getting the FCC and out writing tickets to get money...

and since it cost quite a bit of money.........and time to track down violators, I dont think they are going to turn a profit on this guy. I wonder how long he was screwing with their comms before they finally came after the guy, or if maybe someone turned him in.
You can NAL every CB'er with a linear for a $1,000,000 each, dont mean they're gonna get it.

The FCC's cash cow is broadcasters, big fines for minor technicalities like not answering the phone when they call. They typically go city to city checking out the radio stations and looking for pirates while theyre visiting the area.

For folks like that sheriff's dept, or cellular providers, getting the FCC to do shit is next to impossible. You pretty much have to find the source, document everything into a mountain of papers, with trace data, direction,etc and wait..............................we have the best luck informing the owner of the offending equipment his shits illegal and jamming our site, scaring him into taking it down, shit half the time his repeater has not been needed in years since new sites and upgrades to the coverage give signal where his repeater covered.

At least get it right. Correct RDF protocol is four fat guys in a Ford Pinto wagon. One guy drives, one guy holds the ht and attenuator while another guy hangs out the window with a hand held yagi. The last guy is just there to balance the load to keep the Pinto from tipping over.

Where can I get one of those skull and bones ARRL flags for my Harley?

Reactions: 2 people
At least get it right. Correct RDF protocol is four fat guys in a Ford Pinto wagon. One guy drives, one guy holds the ht and attenuator while another guy hangs out the window with a hand held yagi. The last guy is just there to balance the load to keep the Pinto from tipping over.

Where can I get one of those skull and bones ARRL flags for my Harley?

That's an urban legend.

Fat guys don't drive Pinto's.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.