• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FM Carrier / Deadkey

QRN said:
Hi Ken. No we have the same power limits on CB as you guys do and amps for CB's are not legal in either country but a lot of folks use them.Most of those amps do not have much for tuned inputs or outputs except wideband toroid transformers.Often they will work as low as 40m and then some.I say "work" as in will provide more out than in but how well they "work" down there is quite debatable.

Here in Canada hams do not have any mode restrictions on the HF bands.We just have to abide by bandwidth restrictions. I can legally run narrow band FM with +/- 2.5 KHz deviation on 3.510 MHz if I want too. I can't for the life of me think WHY I would but I can if I wanted to. :? AFAIK in the US, FM on HF is restricted to 29.000-29.700 MHz.Some please correct me if I am wrong.I do not keep a copy of FCC part 97 handy. :LOL:

QRN thanks for explaining the differences between the amature rules for each country. I am not a ham operator, though I do have a GROL, and my CB is normally only used for trail communications, so 4 watts works for me.

:)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut: