• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Follow KE1THR on his bicycle trip from Alaska to Texas

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
You may have already seen the story, but Keith, KE1THR is biking from Alaska to Texas this summer. He's carrying with him a full HF, VHF, UHF setup complete with APRS tracking.

IMG_0885.JPG

You can follow his progress by following KE1THR-4 with any APRS client, or track him on the web at:

Location of KE1THR-4 - Google Maps APRS

You should also be able to have a QSO with Keith. His posted schedule is as follows:

Tuesday's and Friday's: I'll try to check in with the following nets at the published times. Pacific Daylight Time. On/after May 13th.
80 meters: BC/Yukon net 3716 @8:30pm PDT; I'm having trouble tuning up on 80 meters so this may not be the place to look for me.
20 meters: Maritime net 14.300 around 8 pm PDT,or I will try 14.292 around same time
40 meters: Noontime net 7268.5 @ 12 noon PDT (in and out and random days, not necessarily Tues./Fri.)
40 meters: Until just before Watson Lake 130W I'll be checking in on 7.093 the Bush Net at 8pm AK time.
Keeping in touch with my hometown HAM buddies and anyone else who wants to join in Tuesday's and Friday's on the following:
20 meters: 14.157 1900-1910 PDT (Extra only)
17 meters: 18.157 1910-1920 PDT (General and above)
40 meters: 7.157 1920-1930 PDT (Advanced and Extra)
These different bands and times (hometown) are for conditions. Once I get a QSO going on the first available band I just stay there and ragchew for the evening. Likely if contacts are made on 14.157 I'll have folks move to 17 meters if it's open.
73, Keith, KE1THR
Check out Keith's website at Keith's Bicycle Tour | Wallowa Avalanche Center

woah, cool. i had forgotten to check his progress for a while. looks like he rode right past my hometown in central wa a couple days ago.

He needs a job.

From reading the website updates it appears he's giving up and going back home?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.