• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FT757GX2 mods

43Echo695

Oct 19, 2008
Queensland, Australia
Hello Forum,

I recently bought an ft757gx2 in great condition at a hamfest.
I am wanting to broadband the TX of the radio.

All of the posts I have read on the net in relation to this refer to opening the
top cover of the radio, and changing the postion of SW03. Another post says that a 10 Ohm resistor is in place of SW03, and clipping the resistor, or 'opening the switch', allows broadband TX.

I have looked carefully, but can find neither SW03 or a 10 Ohm resistor on this radio. There is a diode, D03, mounted next to 2 vertically mounted IC's, on a PCB directly behind the tuning dial. This PCB is at 90 degress to the main board. Am wondering if this diode is the key. It is an Australian delivered radio.

Thanks.

43 Echo 695

The switch , SW03, should be located on the display unit .

Click on the attachment below.

Attachments

• 757.gif
    757.gif
    123.1 KB · Views: 850
Hello Sonwatcher,

I saw that diagram you attached on the KB2LJJ website.

I opened the case as described, and looked on the main board that is exposed from under the metal mesh, and also the PCB behind the front panel, under the wires, in good lighting conditions, but no black slide switch is to be found.

There are 2 diodes marked D03 & D10 behind the front panel, near to where this switch is supposed to be. Another post mentions clipping a 10 Ohm resistor, which also cannot be found. Clipping one of these diodes may be the answer.

Different versions of the radio may have been manufactured without the switch. I suspect my rig is a later version and was manufactured without it.

I don't want to clip anything incorrectly, any help or advice appreciated!!

43 Echo 695:headbang

Here are 2 diagrams giving the location of the switch as viewing the backside of the display. It is to the lower left of the backside of the tuning knob . Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 757mod.jpg
    757mod.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 400
  • 757mod2.jpg
    757mod2.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 417
Thanks Sonwatcher,

The diagrams are a great help.

I definitely don't have the switch, but the resistor in its place. It was
much deeper down than I thought.

I have clipped the resistor, got a radio check and alls fine. Thanks.

43 Echo 695 (y)

At least on the older pre surface mount rigs you can undo a clip.

Kinda scary doing it to a diode of resistor that's smaller that a grain of rice.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.