• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FTM-350R/APRS question (newbie)

cboscari

Jan 1, 2011
Hi everyone!
I have a new Yaesu FTM-350R. There is a setup function (E16) for Data Band Select on this radio, I read in the sticky review it is a good idea to set this option to "fixed" for one side of the radio, or you will beacon on the wrong band, annoying everyone. However, there are two options to change here on this menu item- one for "APRS" and one for "Data." I assume the first on the list ,APRS, is the one I want to set, but what does the "Data" option do? APRS data or other data? Thanks for any insight and help.
Chris
KJ6KIV

Hi everyone!
I have a new Yaesu FTM-350R. There is a setup function (E16) for Data Band Select on this radio, I read in the sticky review it is a good idea to set this option to "fixed" for one side of the radio, or you will beacon on the wrong band, annoying everyone. However, there are two options to change here on this menu item- one for "APRS" and one for "Data." I assume the first on the list ,APRS, is the one I want to set, but what does the "Data" option do? APRS data or other data? Thanks for any insight and help.
Chris
KJ6KIV

It's Menu E17 now (after the latest update). It's for if you are using an external TNC for packet type modes. You can just set them both to the same VFO to keep things simple.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio