• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FWIW sort of 'rant'

W5LZ

Crotchety Old Bastard
Apr 8, 2005
Oklahoma
This is one of those 'FWIW' thingys. Really doesn't amount to much, except as a 'rant' maybe, but something you might want to keep in mind.

First, I want to make it very clear that none of this applies to the 'WorldwideDX" forum. I may not always agree with everything said, but I figure that's normal. Been treated as I deserve as far as I can tell. When I 'goof' someone tells me so, and I really don't mind being made 'fun' of when I've earned it. Which hasn't been the case on another forum.

It seems I 'P.O'ed one of the moderators by using 'language' he didn't approve of (nothing 'dirty'!). That moderator put me on the 'list' of those who's posts must be examined and 'approved' before being posted. Very 'nice' politically correct way of saying, "You can't say anything unless you agree with me!". That started about two weeks ago. I put up with it for a week and then asked the 'webmaster' to decide if I could be 'pardoned' and removed from that 'list'. Or, to just ban me from the forum (told the moderator that at the time this all started too, by the way). Also asked the 'webmaster', whatever his decision, to please let me know what it was. It's been over two weeks. Not banned. Can't post. Not notified of any action on the 'webmaster's part. Best example of 'politically correct' censorship I've ever experienced! (Can you tell I'm just a little 'put out'?)
What was the objectionable language? As I was told, it's using the words "jockeying" and "feedline length" in the same sentence. My, my, ain't that terrible? Anyone who would do such a thing shouldn't be allowed to post, right!? That's fine. They've
certainly gotten their wish. I won't go there anymore.

I am NOT looking for any support of any kind. I am not making any kind of comparisons to this form (this forum would come out ahead anyway!). Am not asking for anyone to tell the 'other' forum about my feelings (already done that, quite politely), or to express any opinions to them (pro or con). I figure it'll come home to roost eventually. It's their problem, not mine (or yours). Just thought it would be interesting to know that all forums do not even come close to opperating in a 'fair', or straight forward manner. Which was the 'other' forum? I'd rather not say, I honestly don't want this forum to suffer because of something I did in another forum. To be fair I also have to say that the 'other' forum has been having some kind of problem and this delay in resolution may have been sort of side-tracked because of that. 'Fraid I'm oo 'P.O.'ed to be any more 'fair' than that.
- 'Doc

PS - 'P.O.'ed does not mean you were given a Purchase Order, by the way.

After reading another thread, Now I know why people thought I was 'booted' from the 'C' word place. And no, wrong place. Didn't even know they had a forum.
I said I wasn't going to mention the forum and I won't, sorry.
- 'Doc

Bottom line here is this ....."They" run "There" Forums any damned way they feel fit. "You" don't like it ? do yourself a favor and don't let that certain Forum door hit you in the a$$ on the way out. Hey Doc , I would figure with your knowledge and know how that you wouldn't waste your time on other's bull$hit and or nonsence. Your not alone, all the same. I know the feelings , I suppose we exspress our feelings and simply be done with it or "them" life goes on. There's no need to allow them to rent any more space in your head then needed. If you really think about it , there not worth it to begin with. Switch Kit

Knowledge is scary...

Some feel it is a threat....

We here at WorldwideRadio have the best of the best. Some like to debate who is smarter and get into a whirlwind oratory with technical garble that masks the real issue.

All in All.. this is the place.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.