• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 250 linear amp; what's it worth?

pappy.gif
Doesn't look like a popular item - couldn't find any that sold...

EBAY: Galaxy 250 Amplifier 10 Meter - CLOSED (NO SALE): Mar 05, 201119:35:09 PST

AUCTIONDEALS: Galaxy 250 Amplifier 10 Meter - CLOSED (NO SALE): End Time: 2011-03-06 AT: 03:35:09

EBAY: Galaxy 250 Linear Amplifier - CLOSED (NO SALE): Apr 18, 201112:10:00 PDT

The ebay ones closed because selling linears is a violation of ebay's policy...I think some get through, but there are a lot of people that fancy themselves as deputized compliance officers and report these people.

Can you post a pic? If it's the one I'm thinking about, the little Palomar clone - small, 2 switches, 3 little LED indicators - I pity the fool who would pay more than $100 for one used. And they are overpriced as new. They are 2 x 1446 or 2 x 2290. Cheaply made. Don't pay too much. I wouldn't want one at all and wouldn't pay over $50 for one myself.

The better inexpensive mobile amps 2 to 4 pills are Texas Stars.

Good luck

Can you post a pic? If it's the one I'm thinking about, the little Palomar clone - small, 2 switches, 3 little LED indicators - I pity the fool who would pay more than $100 for one used. And they are overpriced as new. They are 2 x 1446 or 2 x 2290. Cheaply made. Don't pay too much. I wouldn't want one at all and wouldn't pay over $50 for one myself.

The better inexpensive mobile amps 2 to 4 pills are Texas Stars.

Good luck

This is the listing that was pulled, he has 3 of them, I guess that he bought a cb shop and is auctioning off the Items. Clicking on the pic will bring up interior pics...

I already have a Palomar 225, that I am going to put in the work truck with my Galaxy 44, I was thinking about getting something for my Lincoln, once I get around to putting it on the car.

Galaxy 250 Linear Amplifier AMP | eBay

I agree with tshows. Wouldn't go more than $75

He was listing it as USED. Under ebay's Item Description Definition that will mean it is more or less guaranteed to work as should or you can force the seller to take it back. USED definition reads in part: "....may show signs of cosmetic wear but is fully operation and functions as intended...."

So it doesn't matter if they say stuff like "as is - no refunds - no returns etc..." in their text description box. If they pick "used", then you are covered. Believe it.

Good luck

I agree with tshows. Wouldn't go more than $75

He was listing it as USED. Under ebay's Item Description Definition that will mean it is more or less guaranteed to work as should or you can force the seller to take it back. USED definition reads in part: "....may show signs of cosmetic wear but is fully operation and functions as intended...."

So it doesn't matter if they say stuff like "as is - no refunds - no returns etc..." in their text description box. If they pick "used", then you are covered. Believe it.

Good luck

Well for one, since Ebay cancelled the auction they are in no way going to play arbitrator on a non-ebay sale...I did see that the seller said;
If for some reason you encounter a problem, feel free to contact us ASAP. We want you to be a repeat customer.
With over 1100 sales and 100% positive feedback, he is probably a good guy to deal with...he told me to give him a call, maybe I can get it on the real cheap since the auction is a no-go.

I will have to think about it.
011.gif

Last edited:
I called and he asked me to make an offer so I Offered $50, he counter-offered $75 and would include shipping.I told him I would think about it called back with a $65 shipped counter-offer, he said he would keep it and try to sell it locally.
That amp really didn't offer anything I didn't already have anyway..., and buying a used amp off the net with an unknown/ un-guaranteed history is risky...I will probably just get a larger A Or A/B amp.

I called and he asked me to make an offer so I Offered $50, he counter-offered $75 and would include shipping.I told him I would think about it called back with a $65 shipped counter-offer, he said he would keep it and try to sell it locally.
That amp really didn't offer anything I didn't already have anyway..., and buying a used amp off the net with an unknown/ un-guaranteed history is risky...I will probably just get a larger A Or A/B amp.

Sounds like he really didn't want to sell it to me. I would stay with the A, AB, or AB1. I have an AB and a AB1 and they both work well for me.

Sounds like he really didn't want to sell it to me. I would stay with the A, AB, or AB1. I have an AB and a AB1 and they both work well for me.

I think he was motivated to sell it, I think that he thought it had more value than I did.

I asked the question in another thread about where the best prices on a texas Star 500 might be found, I appreciate any info.

I prefer new, but would be willing to consider buying from a forum user with a history.

75 shipped is a fair offer. There are better amps out there though. If it was a blue face palomar 250 it probably was class AB which would have been well worth it.

That Galaxy amp looks exactly like the Palomar version, except for the name printed on it.. Makes me think there's a pretty good chance the guts are the same too, but without seeing the inside it's impossible to know for sure.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.