• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 250 linear amp; what's it worth?

That Galaxy amp looks exactly like the Palomar version, except for the name printed on it.. Makes me think there's a pretty good chance the guts are the same too, but without seeing the inside it's impossible to know for sure.

If you go back to the ebay ad you can see interior pics of the unit...not Hi-res but they are ok..

I found a Texas star in mint condition for $200 from a trustworthy tech in Ca., and should have it next week...I think I will be happier with that unit anyway.

I couldn't find TS 500's under $320 new...the used ones were n Craigslist with unknown sellers.

The ebay ones closed because selling linears is a violation of ebay's policy...I think some get through, but there are a lot of people that fancy themselves as deputized compliance officers and report these people.

Ebay will only pull an amp ad if "cb" or "11 meters" is mentioned somewhere in the ad. If an amp is described as 10 meters, or amatuer, it will be ok on ebay even if it's obviously a cb amp.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.