• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 66V2 EPTDX2912Z board

Crossbow

Mar 25, 2016
Does anyone by chance have the schematic for the EPTDX2912Z board?
This is what they are using in the Galaxy 66V2 radios and I can not find any info on it.
I seen someone say the DX98VHP was the same board but it is not the same!!
Thanks in advance for any info.

Called Galaxy and they do not have a schematic for this radio.
What the problem is this radio will only key around 2 watts and swing to 12 watts PEP. Everything is checking out on the alignment except for TP5 will not lock on 10.9650
L23 will not adjust it out. The frequency runs all over the place.
I have checked X4 crystal and L23 coil and both are good.

I would check the 10.240mhz ref osc xtal first and make sure it is stable. Make sure the caps in the pll circuit are good (especially the tantalums). Make sure the voltage regulator is stable and the caps in that circuit is good as well. Voltage stability is the 'other factor' to deal with, in my limited experience.

What I've seen is as many bad ref osc xtals as I have seen loop osc xtals. But in older radios, the caps also become first suspects too . . .

This is not that old of a radio. Less than a year old. The 10.240 is dead on. What had happen was the Ant lead came loose from the jack and the guy kept trying to talk on it until it quit all together. Figured it had blown a mosfet but all 3 check good.Voltages are correct on all 3 as well. Everything checks to the tee cept for TP 5. I know the crystal is good as I get 10.965 on TP3. It would not key any wattage at all unless you bottom out L23 to get 2 watt dead key. The tech at Galaxy told me to change L23 so I did and nothing changed. This one is a strange one no doubt.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
giphy.gif

Reactions: NZ8N

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.