• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 88 with a pill installed

Crossbow

Mar 25, 2016
You guys got to see this monster!

It is a Galaxy 88 that someone hacked and installed a pill inside. I can not see which pill it is but looks like a 455. Sucker swings 130 + watts.

Thought you guys would love this one. IMG_1358.JPG IMG_1359.JPG

Years ago I posted the directions on how to do that somewhere...maybe that metal forum or the tricks one? Can’t remember. Might still have them around here somewhere.

Did this myself in a DX33. It was loud, too loud. Gets hot and starts dropping power, cool down and it comes back. The way I did it and posted was with a 2290, the 455 might work better, beats me.

Reactions: Crossbow
Years ago I posted the directions on how to do that somewhere...maybe that metal forum or the tricks one? Can’t remember. Might still have them around here somewhere.

Did this myself in a DX33. It was loud, too loud. Gets hot and starts dropping power, cool down and it comes back. The way I did it and posted was with a 2290, the 455 might work better, beats me.

This one is running pretty cool. No over heat that I can see of yet but really not hammered down on it. Yeah she is a screamer no doubt. The post office next door came running over saying man your blistering my stereo over here.. LMBO.

It is when you look at how crude it is installed. It’s very simple how someone figured out to cobble it in. It is loud, I can say that from experience.

You got that right! First one I seen done up this way. Guy says he will sell it for $200.00. Over all the radio looks good for its age and everything works. Pretty amazing.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Back in the day before all these high powered radio's became popular some shops would do this as a mopowa mod. I have seen some clean ones done up with a single 2290 final. I'm not seeing an honest 130 watts from that unless it's a 2879 and even that is pushing it.

Reactions: Crossbow
Hmmmm . . . an eighty watt pill driven by a radio with a 40w pep drive = 130w?
WoW; guess you really can pack that much distortion in a MRF455 . . . pardon my sarcasm . . . lulz . . .

Correction. 120 watts. Sorry about that!

Reactions: Robb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.