• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 949 problems

Log hauler

Nov 1, 2016
Hey guys, I tried looking for a tread about this but I couldn't find one. I have a galaxy 949 and it won't turn on, when I turn it on I hear the speaker make a pop noise like it turned on but nothing on the display works and with the volume up I move the rf gain and squelch both ways but no noise. I also have a cobra 29 that does the same thing, won't turn on. I bought a new power cord to run off the cigarette port but nothing happens. I went out and bought a different radio, cobra 19 hooked it up and it works just fine. Yesterday my galaxy would work and then die, if I moved the radio or touched the case it would come back on for a while and then go off and now it won't come back on at all. I have no idea where to start. Thanks guys.

Try wiring it directly to the battery instead of the cigarette lighter plug. This might be your issue. Not sure.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.