• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

galaxy 95 t performance

N

NorthStar34

They use the 6900 board these are decent radios. I would take it over one of the radios that have 3600 board for ssb for sure.

</p>

95t

in my opinion any mods for 95t are worthless.
dont use any echo on ssb, clafier should be at 12:00
when you start talking. use 1/2 rf power and about 3/4
mic gain. I give a count to 15 so the other party can tune
you to there radio. and they should to the same. once that is done you can open pwr-mic gain.

I think he knows how to talk on SSB, Galaxy radio's are known to stink on SSB and they drift like a sail boat. Linearone, I have heard the 93T and 95T are much better on SSB then the 88 or 99. I would agree with #4 that all is needed is a good alignment, should perform number wise like a 2970.

My 95T is not to bad on side band. It is alot better then the saturn I had. I am still a little green with side band, but I haven't hade any trouble yet. All and all its a real good radio. Mine has been super tuned but I am thinking about turning it back some because it gets real hot if I ratchet jaw. I usualy run it at 50% power so it doesn't get too hot.

My 95T customers haven't had drift problems with SSB more than a few hz temperature drift. As long as they are completely aligned (ALL mix frequencies and levels), they're a very good SSB radio. I recommend keeping the ALC set for a few watts below max PEP levels, to keep things clean and keep heat down.

Love the 95T but they do get hot. I use mine for a base and it rocks. Got it set at 40 watts DK and swings to right at 200. I found a little Lasko cage fan at lowes for 13 bucks. Works great with this radio or moble amps used for base. Its called a Lasko personal task fan model 4904.

After the initial warm up I notice no drift in my 95T. I run mine at a 20 watt DK swinging to 80 on AM and the varible power wide open and mic gain at 3 o'clock on SSB getting 150 watts out the back door. Never had a bad report with it either on AM or SSB. My locals cant tell the difference between my Alinco DX-70 and my 95T

Was playing around today with a 959 mobile and 2547 base on SSB.

After warm up they are fine. Was very satisfied with the range - about 15 miles as the crow flies in a snowstorm from mobile to base with two barefoot radios in the mountains.

Have to go slow with the clarifier as a little movement makes a noticeable jump. . . . . ok once you get the hang of it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.