• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 95 T2 PA issues.

Ranier1315

Dec 25, 2013
I know most of you guys never even use the PA feature on your radios but I use mine quite a bit. My radio is mounted in my Jeep Wrangler and I use the PA to talk to my spotters when four wheeling and I am an Firefighter and use the PA for all that entails.

The issue with the PA is that when I turn the dial to "PA" the meter Peggs to the high side. The meter also bounces like it's receiving but there's no audio coming out unless I key up and talk.

With all that said the PA seems to be working properly but the Pegged meter has me concerned. Does this sound normal?

Thanks for the help ahead of time.

73's from 176 in N. Georgia.

Off topic but did you mount the radio on the dash or overhead? Big radio for a small ride.

Actually I mounted it on the side of my center console. I will try to load a pic later but it is mounted at a slight angle. I didn't want to fish the coax up the dash plus the overall size of that radio made it almost impossible to mount on the dash.

Yes the size of the radio is what had me confused. I wanted to put a Magnum S9 on top of the dash but it was just too big with the heat sink in the back. I opted for the Magnum 257HP and hate it! Yes, hate is a strong word!!!

They make a mount plate for the side of the console but I just used four screws and set it at an angle and she has been fine.

Here's what the mount looks like.

It will limit how far up the passenger seat can move up. Not a problem for me but just something to keep in mind.

Reactions: 2 people
What's the problems you are having with the magnum 257hp, conifers4? Just curious.

The radio is actually not the problem, it's the operator. I guess I mis-spoke out of frustration or whatever. I'm using it as my mobile radio due to it's compact size. The real problem is it's not a "traditional" radio... ya know with a big honking meter and all. You have to depress a button and push another button to change from a channel display to the frequency display, and yet another push and another button to do this and do that. It has many features but they are tough to take advantage of on the fly.
Again I will clarify, the radio is not bad but it's not for me, sorry for the confusion.

I know most of you guys never even use the PA feature on your radios but I use mine quite a bit. My radio is mounted in my Jeep Wrangler and I use the PA to talk to my spotters when four wheeling and I am an Firefighter and use the PA for all that entails.

The issue with the PA is that when I turn the dial to "PA" the meter Peggs to the high side. The meter also bounces like it's receiving but there's no audio coming out unless I key up and talk.

With all that said the PA seems to be working properly but the Pegged meter has me concerned. Does this sound normal?

Thanks for the help ahead of time.

73's from 176 in N. Georgia.

My 99v2 does the same thing. I just figured it was "another" Galaxy glitch to live with. not knocking Galaxy but the sooner I can get the Grant 2 the better.

Gotcha, I was going to say, I have one in the mobile, it took a bit if getting used to, I know what you mean , but it has and still is serving me well.

New developments yesterday. I switched to PA and when I switched back the PA was still on. When I talked I got TB in my radio and on the PA. I had to unplug the PA speaker to shut it up. It's like the selector switch has a cross or short.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: Enterprise312ok

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.