• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 959 low audio

Ratfink

Sep 28, 2011
Oklahoma
I friend brought me his 959 and it's making power just has little to no audio my first thought was the audio chip but I'd like some other ideas before I jumped on it.

Nothing other than the lights have been changed. And the mod has been turned up I'm sure and years ago I installed a roger fart board in it

Maybe the roger fart board finally took a dump.

Maybe taking it out and see if that doesn't cure the problem. If you can hear receive and it can transmit; then it is probably something wrong with the audio circuit or the receiver itself. Does it modulate OK? Have you gotten a signal report yet?

Yea check the simple stuff first, mic, mic gain setting, mic jack, and mic plug. Might not even have to open her up to fix it.

The left rear side of my 959 gets very warm as I'm talking on it with the 959's mic gain knob turned all the way up,the Xtreme 2018's gain all the way up. I haven't touched the 959's innards(VR16) since I had DTB tune and align it. I noticed on it and my CRE-8900 that if I turn the mic gain down that the sides of both radios don't get so warm.

The left rear side of my 959 gets very warm as I'm talking on it with the 959's mic gain knob turned all the way up,the Xtreme 2018's gain all the way up. I haven't touched the 959's innards(VR16) since I had DTB tune and align it. I noticed on it and my CRE-8900 that if I turn the mic gain down that the sides of both radios don't get so warm.

Trying to remember, I had a Delta Force years ago that did that. The part was either the audio ic chip or the voltage regulator, can't remember now. There was nothing wrong with it, just got warm when it was worked hard.

Make sure the driver and final bias have not been messed with. I just finished working on a friend of my cousins 959 and the bias settings were set balls to the wall resulting in the radio getting hot.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.