• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 95T2

I have a 95T and love it. They get hot with a bigger DK than about 25 watts if you stand on them too long but a small cage fan on it takes care of that. I run mine on the base and with the fan it just gets warm to the touch with a 40 watt dk. Pep mine does about 140 or 150. You can jack them up to about 180 or so but than again more heat and I dont run my stuff on the very high end. Just talking normal it does about 125 pep and with a 10 watt dk on low runs my SB 200 just fine. Im sure there are better for SSB and looking for a ham rig for that porpose but this one does not float on SSB and have never had anyone tell me it sounded bad there. AM it is a beast. Works great with handheld D104 and on SSB I use a Roaddevil. Of late I have been using the Astatic AST878DM on it and have been told it never sounded better!

Mr Clean said:
I have a 95T and love it. They get hot with a bigger DK than about 25 watts if you stand on them too long but a small cage fan on it takes care of that. I run mine on the base and with the fan it just gets warm to the touch with a 40 watt dk. Pep mine does about 140 or 150. You can jack them up to about 180 or so but than again more heat and I dont run my stuff on the very high end. Just talking normal it does about 125 pep and with a 10 watt dk on low runs my SB 200 just fine. Im sure there are better for SSB and looking for a ham rig for that porpose but this one does not float on SSB and have never had anyone tell me it sounded bad there. AM it is a beast. Works great with handheld D104 and on SSB I use a Roaddevil. Of late I have been using the Astatic AST878DM on it and have been told it never sounded better!

AWSEOME.

than you are using the wrong radio's. ive use ham rigs that were just as loud as those toys and much cleaner to boot. modern hf rigs use speech compressors that allow 100%, not just on peaks like a standard radio. most of the time you hear a hf rig there using a standard non amplified ceramic mic and a radio that is not set up properly. i guess everyone likes a muddy overdriven radio that splaters 5 "channels" away.

I do have a non amplified ceramic mic on my 11M radio that stays set at %90-%100 modulation. Nor does it bleed into other channels. And why do you assume that every one who talks on an 11M radio has it over modulated? Does it happen? yeah a small percentage do. I am sure some HAMs don't have the best sounding rigs either. I am also sure that you do all you can to put them down and ignore them on air as well.
But remeber when you are acting as if someone is ignorant for trying to enjoy a similar hobby as yourself, and you are the one putting that person down for not taking a 35 question exam that my 10 year old could pass with only about a week of study, who is really the ignorant one? So if that what it takes to build your obvious lack of self confidence by bashing all people who use an open banded radio, then go ahead big man. That is your Government given freedom to do so.

huh

i run a unamplified microphone on mt 95t i set the rf power at 10 watts
swings about 80 watts of clean modulation. nothing has been removed from my radio
i use no echo no beeps no noise toys. you hams need to get a grip on life. for real.
a few bad apples in cb gives us all a bad rap.

i run a unamplified microphone on mt 95t i set the rf power at 10 watts
swings about 80 watts of clean modulation. nothing has been removed from my radio
i use no echo no beeps no noise toys. you hams need to get a grip on life. for real.
a few bad apples in cb gives us all a bad rap.

wow wow wee wah HI Five!
borat-high-five.jpg

roadrage, you are talking to the past dude.

this thread is almost 4 years old.

if you want to rant, try ranting to someone who might actually see your post. LOL

LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.