• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy dx 73v frequency problem

freakshow

Apr 28, 2017
I was on the way to the woods this morning and I noticed that my frequency was jumping around by a large amount then it went up to 33xxx and is staying around there the frequency know isn't changing any thing and I can't get it to come back down to a cb frequency what is the cause if this and does anybody know how to fix this thanks in advance

freakshow, this isn't a problem like "loose mic wire" or "bad antenna connection".

you have a problem with either the PLL/VCO section of your radio, or the freq counter module itself.

either way, you're not going to be able to fix it yourself unless it comes down to a broken wire or bad solder connection somewhere.

you're not going to find a "smoked" part, as these are low current sections of the radio.

also, that radio is old and unless it has sentimental value to you; it's not worth the price of sending it out to get fixed. (in my humble opinion of course!)

Time to start looking for another radio, or reserve yourself to sending it to a shop.
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.