• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy DX 94HP Questions!!!

w4bss

Aug 7, 2011
I had a 98VHP that I sold like a idiot, and I have been looking for another one or something just like it. I ran across a local selling a New in the box never been used 94HP for $200. I know this radio is only 100 watts, but does any of you guys run a 94HP? If so what kind of mods have you done and do you like this radio. I have heard people put down the 98VHP & 2970N2 due to the Mosfets, but never really heard alot about the 94HP.

Thanks again!!
W4BSS

I had a 94hp for a few years, simple conversion and turned up the mod just alittle. Don't try and squeeze the last watt out of it and it'll do fine.

Hey binrat how did the modulation sound on AM and was it some what stable on SSB??
Thanks for the info!!!

I ran a 636 on it and it was good. I found it was not that bad for drift except in the winter months then it to be expected then. It drifted for a few minutes and it was good after that. I got a lot of people asking me to turn it down on AM as they said it was too loud.

great radio ..new in box for 2bills ,you better snag it now .turn the modulation pot up and be done with it .they dont need no fancy mods .mine done 150 peak with just a turn of the mod pot .
great radio .

dsc01051z.jpg

By null at 2011-03-13

Reactions: 1 person
Bought one new 4 year ago and still have it. Internal fan went out and it is major surgery to replace so I have it set up on supports and have 2 little muffin fans blowing on the heat sink. The SSB is probably a little drifty when cold but don't use that much SSB anyway and not running it mobile either anymore. Also when cold the roger beep doesn't work until it warms up. Don't know what's up with that.

Awesome talking/sound rig. I run about a 20 watt deadkey (AM) and it swings to 110W. Is 150W on sideband. Great Galaxy echo. I've certainly gotten my money's worth out of it and it is my current shop (2nd) radio at home.

$200 is great - snap it up

Hey, thanks guys for the info you all have been a big help!!!! I'll be getting the radio tomorrow after work, and i'll post details after I get it home and try it out.

Thanks,
W4BSS

here is what I have used for the 6900 boards.
remove D68.
with radio knobs towards you lift the right leg of R113 then with a jumper wire hook the lifted leg of r113 to JP287 jumper. works fo me.
you will have to align the clarifier if it is off some.

I know this is an old thread, but........
I have been looking and looking for info to be able to unlock the fine clarifier control on a Galaxy DX 98VHP.......
I found this information on here. I performed the modification. I did have to do a complete frequency alignment.
All came out great. The fine clarifier now tracks on receive AND transmit. It works in conjunction with the coarse clarifier.
Happy camper now for the fellow who owns the radio.

Big thanks to Sonoma ........

Hi all,

Sorry for another grave dig on this post, but I just did the fine clarifier unlock on a DX94HP and I can confirm that this information is 100% correct. Thanks @sonoma! Some of the work is done on the back side of the PCB, because the channel and freq counter PCB's are in the way of some components - but it was straight forward. CB tricks have all of the DX94HP component location and alignment info you need.

A full alignment is needed afterwards to get things back to 12 o'clock (not that these Ranger drift-o-matics will stay there for long anyway! hihi). But the modification is needed to make these useable on SSB, IMHO.

94.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.