• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy DX44v no volume on receive

Jimbo165

Jun 1, 2012
Southeastern Michigan
I have a Galaxy DX44v that on all channels the receive volume is very low you can hardly hear DX through the speaker it works fine as far as transmit. I even tried a external speaker and it is no better what can I replace or check to make this better. Thanks Jimbo165

1. Was it working fine before? you said it"s fine on transmit, I suspect that is your talk back you are hearing which doen"t tell much about your antenna system.

A bad coax connector or connection can be your problem. Check with an SWR meter and if that's high, then check connections at both ends on all your coax cables.

If no SWR meter, then jiggle the coaxes to see if your receive volume comes up,

Other than that, you need to give more details about the history of the radio when it was working properly and maybe we can offer more advice

My old 99 did that, and a solid slap on top or bottom of the radio would fix it for a while. I just sold it rather than trying to find the problem. Good luck

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.