• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy Maleka

cbshack

Apr 5, 2005
Central Florida
I am trying to repair one of these radios. I can get good receive and tranmsit on about 50 channels or so. It can be band AB, C, D, or band F. It is a 3600 board. Even on band D which is CB I can cover 40 channels and then about 10 or so into band E. It only seems to recieve and transmit properly on 50 channels no matter how I tune L44, 43, 42, 40 and 33 I believe.

Thanks for the help.

cbshack said:
I am trying to repair one of these radios. I can get good receive and tranmsit on about 50 channels or so. It can be band AB, C, D, or band F. It is a 3600 board. Even on band D which is CB I can cover 40 channels and then about 10 or so into band E. It only seems to recieve and transmit properly on 50 channels no matter how I tune L44, 43, 42, 40 and 33 I believe.

Thanks for the help.

VCO issue. Not locking across the entire range. Perform a full alignment, according to galaxy service manual / galaxy spec's.

--Toll_Free

Ditto. You won't know if its an alignment issue or a part failure (or other circuit failure) until a full factory alignment is done. Many times the fault will make itself known during the alignment process, narrowing your search scope considerably.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.