• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

GalaxyDX73V

The DX73V has an oddball channel selector setup, and a channel 9/19 "scan" function. Seems they never got the bugs out of this feature, and the radio has a reputation for going psycho, and jumping channels, or getting stuck on 9 or 19.

This "feature" was never used on any other Galaxy model that I have seen. Probably a good thing, that.

nomadradio said:
The DX73V has an oddball channel selector setup, and a channel 9/19 "scan" function. Seems they never got the bugs out of this feature, and the radio has a reputation for going psycho, and jumping channels, or getting stuck on 9 or 19.

This "feature" was never used on any other Galaxy model that I have seen. Probably a good thing, that.

Thanks for the replay.
Tom

The 73 was like an adopted step child that galaxy has never really claimed as theirs. At one time I sent Galaxy a question about that radio and they told me they never made a 73...lol.

The 73V was NEVER as good as any other radio ever built by Galaxy. As has been mentioned, it had alot of problems with its unusual features. It was a single-final, AM/FM only export. When it DID work, its performance was about the same as the Galaxy 33.

I have had a Galaxy 73 for a couple of years now and never had any problems with it. I have the Top Gun boards in mine and it is lloud as he!!. A friend of mine has a 99 and I walk all over him with my radio!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.