• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Garage sale find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tripple Nickel

Jun 21, 2013
Monroe, Georgia USA
I've always wanted to make a good find while yard saling and Garage sales. This past weekend was that kind of day, just when I was satisfied there were not any at this multi-family sale, there it was setting on a step ladder all by it's self. A phillipines Uniden Washington UNTOUCHED AND UNMOLESTED, and yes it was covered in a layer of dust, not any holes have been drilled in the cabinet, the Mic hanger had never been installed.
When I got home I could not wait to see if it worked, and boy did it, the SSB is great as well, and after a few Lysol wipes it looks NEW. Never in my wildest dream would I believe I would find one especially one like this. When the negotion started, he asked $25.00, I did not reply, he said how about $20.00, I said how about $10.00, he said he would have to have @ least $12.00, I handed him a fresh $10.00 bill and told him my final offer, he took it and I walked away. I feel very lucky since I have had some really good radio's in the past (1960's) but this one topps them all. Just keep looking, you never know what you will find in a YARD SALE.
3'S to e you/yours and good evening.
Tripple Nickel aka 555

Nice find(y)

I also had a little yard sale luck recently. An untouched cobra 138xlr for $15. Its definetly in used condition, covered in dust inside and out, wasn't sure if it would even work. But it works great!
This is my first 858 chassis radio, and with a little tlc this could be my favorite radio for sure:)

I met my ex wife at a garage sale in my neighborhood....not a good find. Her blonde hair got lodged between my judgment and common sense.
As far as radios go, I found a few radio gems such as a new boxed Colt 485 Black Shadow mobile and a like new Midland 7001 for $25 each.

I met my ex wife at a garage sale in my neighborhood....not a good find. Her blonde hair got lodged between my judgment and common sense.
As far as radios go, I found a few radio gems such as a new boxed Colt 485 Black Shadow mobile and a like new Midland 7001 for $25 each.

Radios are better than women because:

Radios have squelch controls so you don't have to hear a lot of chatter.

Radios don't mind if you have other radios.

If you don't touch a radio for a while it will never ask 'Don't you love me any longer?'

Radios will never ask if they look fat.

And...

If it just gets to be too much, you can turn a radio off!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.