• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Gate voltage on cobra 29 ltd?

So the 3.2 volts on the pll has nothing to do with gate voltage? I always here people say adjusting gate voltage, so I'm just trying to clarify .
Apples and oranges. Each device on the board has its own voltage source. The radio itself is dotted with electrolytic caps to keep these voltages steady. Most boards use 13.8v, 8v, 5v, and 3.3v in different locations.

since you are calling it gate voltage that would be a mosfet . 3.2 volts is good if it is a mosfet. what do you have in it for a final. this would help get you the proper answer to what you are asking. 3.2 volts is good. you get up to 4.0 volts and a better chance to blow the final.

since you are calling it gate voltage that would be a mosfet . 3.2 volts is good if it is a mosfet. what do you have in it for a final. this would help get you the proper answer to what you are asking. 3.2 volts is good. you get up to 4.0 volts and a better chance to blow the final.
13n10 final with en1230 companion part.

The small gain in power by adjusting the gate voltage, if this is what is trying to be accomplished, is not worth the risk. Let the radio have some headroom. If it is operating correctly and putting out a clean signal, why mess with it. No one on the other end will notice the difference. Mosfets get hot real fast with the voltage cranked up on them!! I am not a tech or claim to be one. Just know from experience what they do when the gate voltage is cranked up too high. They get really hot. Like Sonoma said, more chance to blow. If it's just for learning how things work is why you ask, then I can understand. Have a good one. These are JMHO's.

By running a resistor from the positive side of C114 to the Gate pin and it will all depend on what was used in the mosfets conversion.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.