• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

General Lee/Washington

J

Jester

I don't here much on the forum about the General Lee and I think it is a great sounding and easy operating radio.

i agree i have a general lee and it talks over any other barefoot that i have keyed up on. it may not have the bells and whistles that others may have (turbo echo, roger beep, etc.) but it shure does put out. maybe its the mods that were done. i dont know for sure but i know i am really happy with my general.

Very good radio. I would rather have a Lee then Connex or Galaxy. I think the New Magnum S3 is even better yet. I'm still wanting to try another one this time with all the parts inside.

Try an S-6 Butcher. I have never seen one but they say they are EXACTLY like an S-9 without SSB. I have both the S-9 and an S-3 and the S-9 will eat the S-3. That makes me think the S-6 is awsome for an Am only radio

Thats cool for sure. I would keep that S9 no doubt. The S6 is supposed to be the same minus the SSB. There are just so darn many good radio's to try, I'm gonna have to win the lottery or something.....lol.

I have a Magnum S-6 and love it so much I'm thinking of saving up for an S-9. (Or selling my Ranger 6300 F25 to help finance it.) The receive is excellent and everybody says it sounds great on the transmit side. I bought mine from G.I Joe's and stood there while it was tuned. I have to say, they have very good customer service there and that is only the second shop I have been to that actually used an RF signal generator to tune the receiver. I'm not trying to knock any other retailers, just relating the one I have experience with.

Hi then and hello again,
In a word, stellar. I have one in my truck and it gets the job done, full time, I'm partial to the recieve on my Grant XL but the "get out" abilities of the Lee are unsurpassed as a barefoot rig no doubt

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.