• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Generations

Mudfoot

Elmer
Jun 17, 2009
Southeast Ohio
People born before 1946 are called -The Greatest Generation.

People born between 1946 and 1964 are called -The Baby Boomers.

People born between 1965 and 1979 are called -Generation X.

And people born between 1980 and 2010 are called -Generation Y.

Why do we call the last group -Generation Y ?

Yshould I get a job?

Yshould I leave home and find my own place?

Yshould I get a car when I can borrow yours?

Yshould I clean my room?

Yshould I wash and iron my own clothes?

Yshould I buy any food?

People born before 1946 are called -The Greatest Generation.

People born between 1946 and 1964 are called -The Baby Boomers.

People born between 1965 and 1979 are called -Generation X.

And people born between 1980 and 2010 are called -Generation Y.

Why do we call the last group -Generation Y ?

Yshould I get a job?

Yshould I leave home and find my own place?

Yshould I get a car when I can borrow yours?

Yshould I clean my room?

Yshould I wash and iron my own clothes?

Yshould I buy any food?

:D funny

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

True. This generation is the first to feel so entitled. Comes from being raised by McDonalds, computer games, TV commercials and cell phones. They have no clue what real life is.

I keep saying it..Mike Judges movie "Idiocracy" is more an accurate peek into our near future than a comedy.

I am generation Y but I am the opposite of those "y"s. BTW McDonald's is discusting. Gross

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

We are spoiled by our abundance. I have seen the rattiest places of the earth. Homes with nothing more than a hole in a piled stone wall for a window and an old nasty blanket for a door. Skin and bone animals running in and out of the house with dirt floors. Homes all occupied by entire families. And they live like this even in the winter. Man, they don't have much but how they value what little they do have. It is very sad to see.

BTW, I say the same thing about that "Idiocracy" movie. It is so true.

Reactions: 1 person
We are spoiled by our abundance. I have seen the rattiest places of the earth. Homes with nothing more than a hole in a piled stone wall for a window and an old nasty blanket for a door. Skin and bone animals running in and out of the house with dirt floors. Homes all occupied by entire families. And they live like this even in the winter. Man, they don't have much but how they value what little they do have. It is very sad to see.

BTW, I say the same thing about that "Idiocracy" movie. It is so true.

Oh man I so agree with you on that.
Many years ago when fresh out of school I spent about four months in Africa. I spent some time in Morocco and Algeria which was an eye opener however the real eye opener was in Senegal and Ghana. Senegal, in what is called the Western Sahel, was just barely surviving the effects of an extremely long drought with people and animals literally starving to death yet they had more respect for others than well fed-everything-handed-to-them generation Y'ers. The people lived in mud huts coverred in animal dung. I guess when you have nothing and neither does anyone else it changes your outlook on things.
As for Ghana things were a bit better (except for the freaking rain!!!) but the health care was deplorable. These people were extremely grateful for anything you could do for them. If anyone knows what bot flies or Guinea worms are and what they look like and do to your body you will know just how disgusting things can be and those were the MINOR ailments. I just wish everyone could experience some of the things I have when it comes to going without and maybe then they would STFU about not having something....not ANYTHING mind you but SOMETHING.

Reactions: 1 person
So true...

While serving as a combat medic we would frequently provide basic medical care to the locals. Some people would travel many miles to seek treatment, deworming, dental care and immunizations. We even immunized and treated livestock that they brought with them. We ran out of supplies on most of our visits and our interpreters would tell the remaining souls that we could not help them. Not once did I witness any ill will. These people would break lines and mingle among us, shake our hands and thank us. If this happened in the USA there would have been a revolt with rioting.

These were Central and South Americans, Kosovians and Iraqis.

It truly is amazing to see destitute people calmly stand in line for help and when supplies run out just calmly turn and walk several miles back home. Some people are truly grateful for even having a bit of hope to say nothing of receiving the actual help. I have never, and probably never will, experiance anything nearly as rewarding as I did in those months. It was heartbreaking at the same time however. Fantastic times back then but for a very sad reason. Ironically the person I was traveling with had just completed her second year in med school and was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumour. She had such an unselfish outlook that she wanted to make a difference in people's lives before her life was over. She did that many times over.

I truly believe that the more we have the more we expect to have. I admit that I like to have certain things and as is human nature in our society, would like to have more than I have now but I believe in working for what I get and do not expect to be given anything.

So true...

While serving as a combat medic we would frequently provide basic medical care to the locals. Some people would travel many miles to seek treatment, deworming, dental care and immunizations. We even immunized and treated livestock that they brought with them. We ran out of supplies on most of our visits and our interpreters would tell the remaining souls that we could not help them. Not once did I witness any ill will. These people would break lines and mingle among us, shake our hands and thank us. If this happened in the USA there would have been a revolt with rioting.

These were Central and South Americans, Kosovians and Iraqis.

You are a very good American and I thank you with all my heart for helping all those in need

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.