• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

GET ON THE AIR

W6GQ

Nov 17, 2005
Yup,

That is what I will be doing.

I bought a new antenna that covers 20-6 meter.

It is the Super Antenna YP-3.

I plan on setting it up for portable work next weekend to learn how to use it.

I plan on trying each band, which we all know, most will have ZERO luck because of the conditions lately.

AND, I will be using my Yaesu FT-817ND, yup 5 friggin watts!

I will be on my laptop while at the state park so I will let everyone know what frequency I am on. Hopefully we can make some contacts.

I am also experimenting a different set up in the Jeep this week.

I have the Yaesu FT-857D hooked up to a 102 inch whip. I have the LDG Z100 tuner hooked to it as well.

So far I have been able to tune 40-6 meter with it. That does not mean I will be heard :p

I have only made contacts on 20 and 17 meter thus far.

So I will be out there trying to make contacts and again, maybe will hear someone from the forum. (y)

Catch you on the air!

W6GQ....

I'm mostly on either 40 or 20 meters, 20 has been pretty dead lately, but 40 has been good until the broadcast stations wander in. It all depends on the conditions, and when conditions get better is usually when those damn BC stations flood the band with QRM.
I won't be on all day come Saturday and Sunday, but I'll be on at some point, if 20 opens up I'll be on there, if not I'll be on 40 and listen for your call sign....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut: