• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Get rid of HRD COMPLETELY?

Highlander_821

Amour d'Ecosse
Apr 2, 2005
Central IL
I am having trouble getting rid of HRD from my computer. I am running XP.

I ran the add/remove programs and it went fine. Then got rid of the program folder in Program Files/HRD software LLC folder. Then got rid of the Simon Brown folder in USERS/ME/Application Data.

There is some vestigial layout info somewhere that is making a fresh install of the latest version not work properly. I just want to start completely from scratch.

When you figure that out, let ME know too!
I've had an earlier version of HRD working fine. Various changes including operating systems later, tried the new version. Doesn't want to work at all now. Sometimes, things can be 'improved' or 'protected' too much? I gave up on HRD, only had a particular use for it, don't -need- it as much as liked playing with it. Oh well...
- 'Doc

You might try a registry cleaner.

Maybe do a format and clean install of OS. Then use a disk image program like Clonezilla (free) or Acronis True Image. Always nice to have a saved image of your drive.

Acronis has a feature where you can do quarantined installs, if program is crap it lets you delete the install without any left over trace. Acronis is cheap for anything prior to Win 7.

http://clonezilla.org/

I have, and use a registry cleaner. I have Windows 7. I have not tried a 'clean' install of the OS yet, and very much doubt if I will just to run HRD. I have no desire to 'run' my radio by computer, and except for the '780' portion of HRD it was only because I wanted to see what it was capable of. I use a program other than '780' for most digital stuff, so it's no great loss as far as I'm concerned. I'd still like to know why the @#$ thing won't run on my computer!
- 'Doc

I downloaded HRD a long time ago just to see what the fuss was all about. I played with it for about 20 minutes and uninstalled it. I didn't care for it.

I see many desperate and irate users that have been plagued with issues following the recent "paid" upgrade and bug fixes for the free version. The new owners have their hands full.

Some of the threads were uncivilized even by the Z's standard. It's a monumental task writing lines of code for all the rigs that these dudes want HRD to run.

Windows uninstaller program is junk & unreliable. Hope you get it resolved.

Last edited:
I definitely don't feel like installing an OS (whether it be XP, or W7) just because this *&%#@ program is leaving behind some file or files on my computer after being uninstalled.

I'd much rather find the offending data and get rid of it , install the damn program, and get on with my day.

Grrrr.:mad:

i have had problems removing programs i did not want. i have had to click -start- click on my computer when this opens, right on the computer icon then right click on open. go down the list to x86 right click and open it you might find it there. you should be able to right click and delete. hope this helps. its just something else to try.

Do not use any registry cleaner ever again. You are lucky your computer still works. People are so obsessed and in a rush to delete things. Your best way to disable a program from running is to use "Regedit". Search the registry for values that match the offending program and delete. Time consuming, dangerous but effective. As Clint Eastwood once said, "Do you feel lucky ... ?"

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.