• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Getting back into SSB on the 11 meter band

Hurricane,
I have spoken to you before, now that you mentioned working 2nd shift. I go by 777 Rick. If you listen late at night on 39LSB, you'll hear me out there occasionally doing radio work. If you hear me in there, feel free to jump in and give me a shout. I'll put my bench radio on so I can talk to you. :)

~Cheers~

Reactions: 222DBFL
Heck yes! I remember chatting a while! I might need some help with a Galaxy Pluto and a Superstar 3900 I picked up. One won't stay on freq and the other is missing a final (maybe a mosfet conversion?) And won't key up.

How late are you usually out working? I normally get home around 3am and would love to chat again!

Good evening, iam thinking about getting back into the hobby after a 15 year hiatus,I used to have a Galaxy 88,got rid of it. Now I am leaning towards a Ranger2950Dx and a Wilson 1000 magmount or trunkmount, also leaning towards getting my radio stuff from either bells CB shop or Walcott radio online, would appreciate any feedback on the above thread,suggestions, etc!! Thanks, AmericanEagle 575
Good evening, iam thinking about getting back into the hobby after a 15 year hiatus,I used to have a Galaxy 88,got rid of it. Now I am leaning towards a Ranger2950Dx and a Wilson 1000 magmount or trunkmount, also leaning towards getting my radio stuff from either bells CB shop or Walcott radio online, would appreciate any feedback on the above thread,suggestions, etc!! Thanks, AmericanEagle 575
Well Good evening to all,thank you all for your interest and input, I just ordered my Ranger2950Dx and Wilson 1000 mag mount and a SWR meter kit from Walcott CB shop,should be delivered around 26,27, will take pictures once installed:) again many thanks and God Bless my radio friends:)!!!

My Wilson 1000 mag mount does a great job, but that stinger sure whacks a lot of overheads at bank and fast food drive-thrus. But that is in a pickup, I am thinking about going to a 5' fiberglass antenna from the bed of my truck.
Anyway that does sound like a nice set up you will have. What state are you in anyhow? Hope to hear you on the air soon.

My Wilson 1000 mag mount does a great job, but that stinger sure whacks a lot of overheads at bank and fast food drive-thrus. But that is in a pickup, I am thinking about going to a 5' fiberglass antenna from the bed of my truck.
Anyway that does sound like a nice set up you will have. What state are you in anyhow? Hope to hear you on the air soon.
Iam in Pennsylvania!!!

I get a lot of skip here in Texas from your part of the country so maybe I'll hear ya someday. There hasn't been too much skip the last few days, just been getting a little from the west coast.

I been hearing TX here around Daytona Bch., FL, for the last few days as well. Old 620 in W. TX was booming in the other day at S9+ on my Icom 746. Good dude. Have made contact with him a quite a few times. Not sure where in TX you are located codeman, but if I hear TX later this afternoon I'll gives shout if you'll tell me your numbers.

And what freq. that you venture on. I'll give a shout if I hear you guys out west. I'm usually on 38lsb.
222 Daytona Beach, FL saying 73 and God Bless.
Sean.

Hey 222DBFL, I am mobile in the semi around Tx, Ok and La. I am mobile in my pickup around San Antonio. I go by 553. I run 38 LSB as well and I try 27.425 and 27.485 LSB. It is dead right now here in Houston. Hopefully it will pickup later today.

Reactions: 222DBFL
Good deal. At least I got your numbers and will let you know when I get a chance to get on and the conditions to be right!!

You sure it was 222 Daytona Beach, FL?? I haven't been on in a few days and not on today either. What are your numbers Road Ranger?? And what freq are you on??

I know I talk to several gents up around Ontario, so we may have spoken in the past also.
I get good ol Ivan in my speaker when you guys are coming in here!! Darn that guy LOL!! He makes me laugh at least!!

I will plug in the antennas and see what I get. Give me a few minutes, I just got home. I'll see if I hear anyone.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio