• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Glaxy DX 2547 Diodes Doubled up?

Feb 8, 2015
Hello, been lurking for a while learning about my 2547, came across this when doing the channel mod.
In board locations-
D71
D72
D59
S103
D145
D156

-there is 2 zener diodes soldered together, then soldered into the board. Ive read a refurbished radio might have something like this installed in a couple locations, its down on power (below the advertised output even after turning up vr14 all the way up it only swings to 6 watts pep) I cant tell what the numbers on the diodes are, would this be the source of the low power problem im having?

What makes you think that the diodes are to blame?
You have a low output problem?

Im not blaming the diodes, just asking if this could be the problem as to why it has such low output power. Bought it used, don't know a whole lot about reading the schematic on it, would these board locations be part of the way it eventually produces its output? Output is way below what it should be from what I have been reading. Don't know what to check for to find out why.

No tech needed, ill get it figured out, I have access to the proper tools, will have to start at square one. Thanks for your input Robb.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.