• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Good day

caspear1978

Jan 8, 2009
well today was a good day. Saved 3 working radios from being tossed in the dump. First were a Cobra 21 A 23 channel and a Hy-Gain III 40 channel. Second was a Uniden pc76xl 40 channel. On the first 2 the landlord was goiing through his garage and gound them sitting on the shelf> came to me asking if i wanted them. If didnt want them they would go in the dump. he told me he didnt know if they worked or not. so i told him id take them and see if they worked. Both came with mounting brackets and stiock mics. hokked both up shortly after and they work good. On the second one, i ran into an old freind from years ago and he saw that i had a radio in the car. told me he had a radio sitting at his folks place and didnt know if it worked. He brought it over tonight, that one workes also. it didnt have a mic or any mounting brackets, but i had a spare mic sitting around so i just hooked it up and tryed it out. All three radios sound decent on Rx and got good reports on Tx as well. So yea any day saving radios that work is a good day, Getting working radios for free is a better day. So what are some of the good days you've had with saving radios or just radio equipment in general?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.