• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

good mobile antenna ?

Its CRAP!

For 99% of the operators out here, the Wilson 1000 is an EXCELLENT CHOICE! If you want to run more than a KW, then look at the Wilson 5000.

If you want the ultimate mobile antenna, the Predator 10K is as good as it gets!
http://predator10k.net/

Just remember one thing:

The more "broadband" an antenna is, the LOWER the "Q". The lower the "Q", the lower the efficiency! Something to think about!

"The more "broadband" an antenna is, the LOWER the "Q". The lower the "Q", the lower the efficiency! Something to think about!"

i thought the 102 inch whip was the most efficent (except when bent back from driving) and most broad banded antenna . did i missunderstand something or is the 102 an exception?

i went from a mag mount lil will to a hard mounted 10-k dual coil and there is a big difference . i got the 10k used . if i got a new one id get the 22 or 27 inch shafted single coil .

Master Chief said:
Its CRAP!

Just remember one thing:

The more "broadband" an antenna is, the LOWER the "Q". The lower the "Q", the lower the efficiency! Something to think about!

It took me a few years to get that concept through my head, I figured the more frequency range i had it had to be a damn good antenna, but i have to thank marconi and a few others. They finally motivated me, by their answers to others questions to start learning. I still have a wilson 1000 which is excellent for what it was intended for.

Frequency use range and efficiency. Sort of like comparing the government and people, it can get you 'whupped' if you aren't careful - LOL!
- 'Doc

I don't see the antenna linked, but the 10K is very good. I've had lots of mobile antennas, and it was the best of all of them.

minitrucker,
On second thought, while it isn't the "best" mobile antenna around, it'll probably work as well as a lot of them.
I realize that you've probably done without an antenna until now because no one here has approved of your idea. I think that's very commendable. But rather than have you miss out on anything, go ahead and get it.
- 'Doc

right now i have a galaxy 959 doing 40 watts pushing through k40 on my truck and a cobra 29 with a lil will on my car both mag mounts im thinking of getting a wilson 1000 but i like how the k40 is soo easy too come off

rfoverlord said:
Master Chief said:
Its CRAP!

Just remember one thing:

It took me a few years to get that concept through my head, I figured the more frequency range i had it had to be a damn good antenna, but i have to thank marconi and a few others. They finally motivated me, by their answers to others questions to start learning. I still have a wilson 1000 which is excellent for what it was intended for.

I really like my 10K, but it's very widebanded. Does this make this antenna less efficient?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.