• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Got RFI?

S

ScooterCrunch

I just noticed something very interesting last night. I have always had slight feedback into the truck speakers, not loud just enough to hear it. I have very low reflect, and a flat SWR. When I hit the brakes I get a lot more feedback into the truck speakers. It's all coming through the CHMSL (third brake light). What's the best way to get rid of the RFI entering there? Shielding, or ferrite cores? It's not enough to cause problems inside the truck, and everything is grounded very well.

</p>

I just noticed something very interesting last night. I have always had slight feedback into the truck speakers, not loud just enough to hear it. I have very low reflect, and a flat SWR. When I hit the brakes I get a lot more feedback into the truck speakers. It's all coming through the CHMSL (third brake light). What's the best way to get rid of the RFI entering there? Shielding, or ferrite cores? It's not enough to cause problems inside the truck, and everything is grounded very well.

</p>

try winding the line a bunch of times around a ferrite core. Also, you could put a bypass capacitor (.01) on the leads right at the light.

</p>

try winding the line a bunch of times around a ferrite core. Also, you could put a bypass capacitor (.01) on the leads right at the light.

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.