• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Got the truck stuck...

Gotta get you some pizza cutters for mud like that...ever try skinny and tall tires in mud or snow yet?

I'm a big fan...they bite in a lot better.

I'll have 33x9.5's on the Jeep when I finally lift it.

i got sum smaller tires for it... Some 285's just gotta find rims for them... Not to big on going for a bigger lift or anything but the motors starting to smoke and burning oil... Might have to upgrade a lil bit...

Gotta get you some pizza cutters for mud like that...ever try skinny and tall tires in mud or snow yet?

Sometimes the big ones work well on snow. The bad part is if you stop and then try to go, you drop and get stuck.

There's alot of sand here, so flotation is best. My last CJ7 had 33's and I ran them at 5psi all the time. I had some mud 31's before at 5psi and snapped the rear driveshaft taking off on the road, too much bite. 2H with a six.:mad: A 79 with a Dana 300 and a five speed. The only original parts were the hood, dash and most of the frame.

1063425974044333890S600x600Q85.jpg

2" body lift, 1" homemade shackle lift. Homemade front bumper receiver hitch, same in the back. Glass tub, 1983 wide axles with rear posi, custom aluminum tank, Rancho 9000 long throw shocks, steel braid brake lines, 5 speed OD trans. Replace the back rusty frame with a CJ5 frame. Jasper six, new carb. More I can't remember, but I do remember the fun.

Last edited:

The narrower the better when it comes to mud(as long as its got tread), you sink down and actually get traction on the bottom.

But i do love them big beefy tires!

The narrower the better when it comes to mud(as long as its got tread), you sink down and actually get traction on the bottom.

Power and momentum do well with wide tires.

Narrow is fine if they're tall enough to resist the drag of the axles and frame.

If the mud is deeper than the tires will allow, stuck.

2" body lift, 1" homemade shackle lift. Homemade front bumper receiver hitch, same in the back. Glass tub, 1983 wide axles with rear posi, custom aluminum tank, Rancho 9000 long throw shocks, steel braid brake lines, 5 speed OD trans. Replace the back rusty frame with a CJ5 frame. Jasper six, new carb. More I can't remember, but I do remember the fun.

Nice Jeep. Mine is still too nice to beat on yet. '05 Wrangler Unlimited 6spd stock for now.

Plans are for 4" or so Rubicon Express most likely with SYE added to the trans, nothing too extreme.

Here's a pic of another guy's Jeep that is pretty much the setup I want as far as height and stance. Just to be more back road worthy, not real rock crawling or anything.

snowjoker.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.