• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Great Movie

download (1).jpeg

Reactions: Crawdad
Being from Larry McMurtry’s hometown of Archer City, Texas, I knew Larry personally. The movie Hud was based on his very first novel, Horseman, Pass By, which he wrote in his early twenties. The modest book (only about 120 pages) is my favorite McMurtry novel. For those of you unfamiliar with his work, several of his books have been made into movies as well, including The Last Picture Show, Terms of Endearment, and, of course, Lonesome Dove.

Two years ago, I was honored to be a contributor to Pastures of the Empty Page, a collection of essays by writers from across the country remembering and paying tribute to this Pulitzer Prize winning author.

It's amazing that you knew Larry McMurtry personally, and it must have been an incredible experience. "Hud" and his other works are true classics. I've always been a fan of "The Last Picture Show," capturing that small-town essence so vividly.

It's amazing that you knew Larry McMurtry personally, and it must have been an incredible experience. "Hud" and his other works are true classics. I've always been a fan of "The Last Picture Show," capturing that small-town essence so vividly.
Speaking of capturing moments, if you're ever looking for some fresh cinematic experiences, you should check out what's in theaters. There's something magical about the big screen that adds a whole new layer to storytelling. You never know when you'll come across a film that resonates just as deeply as McMurtry's novels.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.