• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Greetings and 73's to y'all!

Good afternoon everyone. I've been lurking around here for a few weeks now, and I wanted to go ahead and introduce myself. My handle is Vortex, and I'm from Southern California. Was on the radio back in the late 90's and early '00s, and just got my station fired back up. Running a DX99v2 through a Thunderbolt 305 with an Max2K at the base, and a DX55V with a Wilson 1K in the mobile. Talk mostly with the local folks, but I've had some contact out in the South Eastern US.

Anyways, I'm digging this place. Just wanted to reach and say hi.

Reactions: Sonar

Good afternoon everyone. I've been lurking around here for a few weeks now, and I wanted to go ahead and introduce myself. My handle is Vortex, and I'm from Southern California. Was on the radio back in the late 90's and early '00s, and just got my station fired back up. Running a DX99v2 through a Thunderbolt 305 with an Max2K at the base, and a DX55V with a Wilson 1K in the mobile. Talk mostly with the local folks, but I've had some contact out in the South Eastern US.

Anyways, I'm digging this place. Just wanted to reach and say hi.
This is an excellent forum and, for the most part the members are very helpful. You'll quickly find out who knows what their talking about as opposed to those who think they do or, the proverbial golden screwdriver type. Since my knowledge is zip zilch nada I tend to be verbose when asking questions and occasionally get thrown under the bus. If you need advice get to the point and describe evey detail of your station. I've learned that again and again. Enjoy the hobby! 73.

Welcome to the forum. One of the better ones to me anyways! Lots of good info to be found. And like Sonat said, the more you tell about your situation or issue, or just need advice, be as detailed as possible. It helps!! Real good bunch of gents here. Anyways, like I said, enjoy the forum, it's a darn good one! JMHO. Have a great day and 73 and God Bless.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.